New tasting locations highlight Wheaton Wine Walk
By Paula Barrington
Downtown Wheaton Association
Posted6/18/2019 10:10 AM
As published on Daileherald.com
New tasting locations, an enhanced Paint & Sip experience and discounts or chances to win prizes from the tasting locations will highlight this summer's fourth annual Wheaton Wine Walk.
Sponsored by the Downtown Wheaton Association, the walk will take place from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 8, in downtown.
No purchase is necessary to enter the prize drawings that include:
• 25% off dinner for two at Five & Hoek;
• 15% off the entire store during the Wine Walk at Jeans & A Cute Top Shop;
• BOGO coupon for sippers who make Kimmer's Ice Cream their last tasting location;
• 10% off during the tasting, some exclusions apply, at Miroballi Shoes;
• coupon for half off a bottle of wine at Muldoon's Irish Pub;
• 10% off retail products and a drawing for a gift basket valued at $250 at C'Zar;
• discount on the Kevin Murphy retail line at One Love The Hair Experience;
• 15% off a catering order of $100 or more at Shane's Deli;
• one free trial music lesson on any instrument or voice for new students at Suburban Music;
• coupon for $5 off a bottle of wine purchase from Tasting deVine;
• and a two-bottle wine tote and an additional chance to enter one of the drawings at the tasting locations for the first 500 participants who check in.
Also new this year will be transportation, including a "wine bus" and a Tuk Tuk to take participants to various tasting locations in style.
Participants who are feeling creative can purchase a ticket for The Sipping Muse Paint & Sip event immediately following the Wine Walk and create an extra special souvenir. The ticket costs $15 and includes the participant's choice of a blank red or white, stemless, 12 oz. glass; painting supplies; instruction in a paint studio, including how to prepare your glass, what brushes to use and painting techniques; individual attention from artists on staff; guidelines for curing and caring for your glass; and a chance to win a public canvas event for four.
The Wheaton Wine Walk remains a sip and stroll event featuring wines from around the world hosted at many downtown Wheaton merchants. Participants will sip, stroll and shop their way through downtown while tasting fine wines.
Tastings begin at the new Martin Memorial Plaza, where participants will check in and pick up their tasting ticket, wineglass and walking map to all the tasting locations. The first 500 attendees to check in will receive a bonus wine tote and an additional chance to enter one of the drawings at the tasting locations.
Participants will enjoy 12 one-ounce tastings in their souvenir wineglass. The walk happens rain or shine.
Tickets are $35 in advance and $40 at the event. Additional tastings will be available for purchase and will cost $5 for three, one-ounce pours or $15 for 12, one-ounce pours. Participants must be at least 21 and will need to present their picture ID at check-in to confirm their age. Tickets can be purchased at downtownwheaton.com.
The Downtown Wheaton Association promotes the downtown Wheaton community with a mission to build and maintain a healthy, vibrant central business district.
For tickets and information, visit downtownwheaton.com.