Wheaton Park District - Wheaton, IL
This position oversees the concession operation, staff, patrons, and inventory. This position is responsible for performing accurate and efficient monetary transactions, taking measures to safeguard all acquired revenue and food product, and interact with guests in a friendly, professional, and informed manner that promotes the zoo’s message of conservation. This position is seasonal from March through November.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum of eighteen (18) years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent. Experience with food/concession operations, customer service, and supervisory experience preferred. Must be outgoing, dynamic, and enthusiastic with the public. Must have the ability to multi-task, have good verbal communication skills, and be friendly and personable. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Skilled in use of concession equipment following the food service operations manual.
- Schedule and oversee concession attendants in an objective manner.
- Perform weekly/monthly inventory and ordering.
- Accurately and efficiently process transactions using the point of sale system, taking measures to safeguard revenue.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the concessions area, both staff and public.
- Prepare and serve food/drink items following the food service operations manual.
- Oversee all opening and closing procedures including any associated paperwork.
- Maintain the highest level of safety in the work area through implementation of safety protocols and procedures.
- Report equipment problems or maintenance needs to the Zoo Director promptly.
- Report regularly to the Zoo Director on concessions operations, suggestions, or concerns.
- Demonstrate acquired knowledge of Cosley Zoo and Wheaton Park District facilities, parks, and programs.
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC
Must be able to: frequently remain in a stationary position in a small concession area for long periods to time; occasionally move items weighing up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 25 lbs. This position must be able to grasp items such as sodas, food items, etc. and have good hand-eye coordination while servicing customers. This position will rarely ascend/descend stairs, position one’s self to reach items over head and below waist, and move over uneven ground.
Must be able to: continuously remain in a very small booth and will be exposed to all weather conditions including rain, cold, snow, heat, humidity, etc. including biting and stinging insects and bugs; and rarely exposed to animal hair/dander/feces.
Position begins March 15, 2021 and ends on or about October 31, 2021.
$12.00 – $13.00 per hour
7 days/week anytime between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE:
The Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org