Wheaton Park District - Wheaton, IL
This is a fast-paced position involving preparation of food in accordance with the established recipes and industry standards at Arrowhead Restaurant & Bar. Ensure that services are conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Wheaton Park District.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have a high school degree or equivalent; and culinary training and/or extensive cooking and production experience. Must have knowledge of professional cooking and knife handling skills; knowledge of safety and food handling guidelines and procedures; knowledge of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws; and food sanitation certificate. Must understand the proper use and maintenance of all major kitchen equipment including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine. Must have great organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to multi-task and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Set up kitchen before shift and/or tear down at end of day.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices and dispose of any trash.
- Follow established recipes to ensure consistency and quality standards using all necessary kitchen equipment including but not limited to grill, oven, and microwave.
- Follow established check lists, prep lists, and order forms to ensure proper par levels and product quality.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, plate, and garnish warm and cold food items and place food in area for servers.
- Substitute for, or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Communicate any product runouts, equipment issues and quality or service.
- Meet dress and grooming standards by maintaining a professional appearance.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area to prevent food borne illness.
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District and Arrowhead Golf Club policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun, commitment, adaptability and growth,
- kindness, and service) on a daily basis.
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines and procedures including the use of equipment and knife handling.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must have: food handlers certification.
Muse be able to: continuously stand and make repetitive movements with arms and hands; have good eye/hand coordination; frequently position one’s self to reach below waist and over shoulders and grasp and use fine finger manipulation when working with knives, food and cookware; and occasionally move items such as bags of vegetables, plates/pans, water buckets, hotbox on wheels, etc. weighing up to 50 lbs. and sometimes over 50 lbs. with assistance.
Must be able to: continuously work on wet, slippery surfaces; frequently work around fumes, gases, odors, and smoke; and occasionally on grease or oil.
$12.00-$17.00 per hour (BOE)
25-28 per week, shifts vary (days, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
TO APPLY CLICK HERE:
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com